Skip to content
How Do I...?


Where do I apply for a Gun Permit?
You apply for a gun permit at the Montgomery County Sheriffs Office located at the Courthouse in Norristown. Their hours are Monday-Friday 8:30-3:30.   Effective 01-25-2016 you no longer need to have the local police check done before you go there.  All paperwork is located online at or on our website under the forms tab. 

Where do I go to make sure my Child Passenger Safety Seat is installed properly?
You may call the Pennsylvania State Police Troop K in Skippack, Pennsylvania at 610-584-1250 to set up an appointment to educate you and give personalized instruction on installing and reinstalling child passenger car seats and booster seats. 

Where do I pay a Parking Ticket?

We accept parking tickets at the receptionist window at the Police Department or you can mail it in the envelope provided.

Where do I pay a Traffic Citation?
Citations must be paid at District Court 38-2-03, 1050 E. Philadelphia Avenue Suite 20, Gilbertsville, PA 19525 (610-326-1145)

Where do I report a dead deer on the highway?
Report the deer to the Montgomery County Dispatch Center at 610-635-4300 or Contact the PA Game Commission at 1-800-228-0791

What if I find a dead raccoon, groundhog, bird, etc. on my property and I suspect rabies?
Call the Montgomery County Health Dept. at 610-278-5117

What do I do if I find a stray dog?
If you do not know who the dog belongs to, call 610-635-4300 and report the stray to the Montgomery County Radio Room. They, in turn, will relay the information to the on-duty officer and Animal Control Officer. You could also call the Montgomery County SPCA to see if anyone reported a dog missing.

What happens to a dog that is picked up by the Police Department?
 The Police Department contacts the Animal Control Officer and ACO then transports the animal to the kennel or the SPCA.

My Neighbors dog barks constantly - what can I do?
Douglass Township does not have a noise ordinance, however if the dog is barking excessively at unreasonable hours, you may call the dispatch center at 610-635-4300 and report the nuisance.

My neighbors dog is always on my property?
Call the dispatch center at 610-635-4300 and make a complaint. The Animal Control Officer will generate a letter to the owner of the dog and a copy of the dog law is included, explaining the responsibilities of the dog owner.

Douglass Township

1320 East Philadelphia Avenue
PO Box 297
Gilbertsville, PA 19525

Phone: (610) 367-6062 Fax: (610) 367-7124

Monday-Friday: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm